26 March 2020
We continue along our enduring path to ensure the health and safety of our colleagues and communities by evolving our preventive measures - personal distancing, sanitizing and cleaning protocols, and travel and visitor policies.
We thank our colleagues for their focused efforts during these challenging times and for taking precautions to stay safe – protecting themselves, their families, one another and you, our valued customers.
As efforts develop across the globe to slow the spread of COVID-19, many governments have implemented orders limiting movement and determining which businesses and institutions can continue operating and those that must shutdown.
So far, those orders exempt essential businesses that provide or support life-sustaining or essential activities such as food, pharmaceutical, chemicals or cleaning products and consumer goods. Greif’s operations are currently considered essential businesses. All our facilities are presently running with the goal of supporting our customers’ businesses so they can, in turn, provide critical and essential goods manufacturing and distribution.
We are committed to transparency and open dialogue during this challenging time and will continue to post relevant updates about our business operations.
We continue to practice the following preventive measures:
- The majority of colleagues not involved in production are working from home.
- Strict procedures are in place in all operations, such as visitor bans, and extra provisions for logistics providers and subcontractors.
- Instructions and recommendations have been provided and updated regularly to all colleagues on personal hygiene, disinfecting, and social distancing.
We remain accessible to you. To protect you and our colleagues we have implemented the following procedures:
- Most of your sales contacts and support are working from home, using laptops accessing cloud-based tools and mobile devices.
- Meetings will be conducted by phone or videoconferencing, in order to avoid face-to-face meetings and traveling.
- Should a face-to-face meeting be vital, our colleagues will not shake hands or engage in other customary greetings and will maintain six feet (two meters) distance at all times.
Our Global Coronavirus Task Force continues to meet twice weekly. Additionally, there are regional task forces in place in APAC, EMEA and the Americas, who are meeting frequently each week and monitoring the situation closely. We are committed to keeping our colleagues and you updated in real-time as this rapidly-changing situation evolves.
Thank you for your continued trust in Greif.