The global COVID-19 pandemic remains an evolving situation and we continue to monitor the latest updates. Our global and regional pandemic task forces are meeting multiple times weekly to ensure we safeguard the health of our colleagues and the continuity of supply and service to our valued customers.
Operations and supply chain status
At Greif, we safely package and protect critical goods and materials that serve the greater needs of communities around the world. Given our position, Greif has been identified as an essential business and we continue to operate in nearly all of our production facilities in more than 40 countries. Our global portfolio is uniquely capable of fulfilling customer needs worldwide. Our sourcing and supply chain is well supported with extensive alternative backup in place for all critical products and components. As a result, we are experiencing no issues or delays in sourcing raw materials to assist you in your packaging needs.
Our global team is fully engaged, motivated, and proud to provide critical and essential goods manufacturing and distribution. In an ongoing effort to ensure the safety of our team, we are continuing with a variety of actions including:
- Maintaining strict procedures at all operations, such as visitor bans, with extra provisions in place for business-critical logistics providers and subcontractors
- Enhancing cleaning and sanitation protocols throughout facilities and offices
- Enhancing PPE requirements to ensure customer products are not touched by bare hands
- Providing colleagues with up to date instructions and recommendations on how best to optimize personal hygiene, disinfecting, and social distancing practices
- Staggering production teams where needed to further enhance social distancing requirements
- Encouraging non-production colleagues to work from home or remotely and supporting them in this transition
Countries, states, and municipalities are in various stages of re-opening their economies. At this time we are maintaining all enhanced safety precautions in place to ensure the well-being of our colleagues worldwide.
Customer outreach and transparency
We are committed to sharing relevant updates about our business operations and industry outlook. To that end, we are conducting a series of proactive customer outreach efforts including letters, webinars, and phone conferences to enhance communication. We also encourage you to provide us with as much transparency as possible so that we can best tailor our services in support of your needs.
We deeply value our customers and will continue to provide the exceptional service you have come to expect of our company and our colleagues.
Thank you for your continued trust in Greif.